Monday, April 27, 2009

Just starting

Hi, I'm trying a new thing here. I'm an all or nothing kind of person, and I've pretty much been in the "nothing" department lately on a good goal I'd like to see myself attain. My body is overweight, obese, fat, chunky, you choose the adjective. I'd like to see a 1/3 reduction in my overall mass. My plan is simple; reduce calories, get regular exercise, and enter a weekly blog post about my progress. I'm expecting that the accountability and systematic checking will help me make consistent progress toward becoming two-thirds the man I used to be!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you... Mike is trying to lose weight as well... you guys can help each other... what are you doing for exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, my plan is quite simple! I've got 2 parts to my exercise plan. Part 1 - at least 5 walks a week with my kids or Kris - in fact, when I unveiled the plan yesterday, Abbey said she wanted to join me in it! So I've got a partner already. Part 2 - a big summer-long cleanup job in the woods around our house - that means chainsaw work, skidding logs, splitting wood, and lots of other good cardiovascular activity :)

    ReplyDelete